Humanitarian Highlight 1/23/20
Our most favorite time of the week, #HumanitarianHighlight day! We hope 2020 is doing well for you and that you have not given up on your New Year resolutions yet! Well, these incredible credit unions mentioned down below have truly made a powerful impact within their community, and are most definitely making a positive chain reaction. Is your credit union interested in being featured in our # HumanitarianHighlight? All you have to do is use that hashtag and or send us a message on any of our social media platforms with what your credit union has done, AND WE WOULD BE THRILLED TO FEATURE YOU! Just stay confident in your abilities to help others.
Donated $5,000 to The Roanoke Hospitality House to help support adult patients and caregivers traveling to Roanoke for healthcare.
“In 2013, Charlie was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Over the course of his illness, his family made themselves at home at the SECU Family House in Winston-Salem, NC where they traveled from Marion, VA. Living this experience made them realize early on the impact of a hospitality home.
The family discussed on occasions, prior to his passing, that Roanoke was also in need of this home away from home for traveling patients and their families facing medical care or treatments.
After Charlie's passing in October 2017, his family began to use his memory to ignite that dream and make it a reality. This brings us to where we are today and we need to team with the Roanoke community but also with the surrounding communities heavily impacted by the hardships imposed when travel for medical treatment is required.” The Roanoke Hospitality House
Click HERE to learn more!
During the most giving time of the holiday, Worcester CU's employees and members were able to get together to donate a $450 check to Andy's Attic!
Who are they?
- “Andy's Attic is a non-profit 501(c)3 charitable organization run completely by student volunteers at South High Community School.
- In the 2018-2019 school year, Andy's Attic has filled over 2000 bags of clothing for students and families throughout Worcester County.
- With the hard work and dedication of South High Students and charitable donations, we were able to provide new socks, new undergarments, gently used clothing and even new sneakers to teenagers and their families.
- Each day our student volunteers come to Andy's Attic during their free periods and after school to volunteer their time.
- Students sort and put donations on shelves, fill orders, write thank you cards, track orders that have been sent out, write letters to organizations for donations, and make phone calls to organizations to let them know their orders are ready for pick up.” Andy's Attic
Want to learn more? Click HERE!
Let's give a huge round of applause to CME FCU for presenting a $25,000 check to the Firefighters 4 Kids Toy Drive!
Working together to help create a #CUdifference, Royal CU's branches collected more than 600 toys for local families in need in partnership with the Salvation Army!
Loving their community endlessly, PenFed CU has now contributed for the 4th year in the row with the Washington D.C. Police Foundation to help deliver toys to fifth-grade students who are participating in the Junior Cadets Program! Thank you for being so involved with your community! #CUcares
Thinking about all the students who go to school without lunches, Numerica CU donated an astounding amount of $25,000 to local schools to help cover the costs of student lunch debt!
Thank you for reading this Humanitarian Highlight! Please check out last week's post and please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions about our product & services through our email or by phone (800) 537-9598.