Happy Thursday everyone! We are back with another #HumanitarianHighlight to show off what these amazing and thoughtful CUs were up to!
Credit Union News Blog by Oak Tree Business Systems, Inc. - Your fun and informative source for updates, regulations and more.
The holiday season is here! You know what that means. Now is the time to get serious about streamline lending, data linking, and compliance. Christmas is an economic juggernaut. Between Black Friday sales and the run-up to Christmas day, Americans will spend about $1 trillion. The breakdown looks like this:
- The percentage of men and women who shop for Christmas is fairly equal. Yet, men tend to spend more on average ($725). Women spend $609, just over $100 less.
- The largest spending group are Gen Xers, with an average of $782.
- Millennials are second, with an average of $609.
- Baby Boomers bring up the Christmas Caboose, with an average spending of $576.
- Many shoppers would rather wait until after Christmas as many retailers are continuing after-holiday sales.
All of these statistics point to one thing… members will need liquidity to make it through the holiday season. And what better place to turn than their local credit union? Let’s take a look at a few things you can do to help.
We are back with none other than a Humanitarian Highlight to help wind down the week. These CUs are going above and beyond to help out their community!
Happy hump day to everyone! We are sharing our Humanitarian Highlight a day early this week because of the Thanksgiving holiday tomorrow. We hope you enjoy this special Thanksgiving edition!
Another week down, another Humanitarian Highlight to share! While we would like to show you all the credit unions who exhibited community assistance, check out a few that we felt were noteworthy.